nipped tail not getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

SciTeacher

Hello, I posted on here once when I got my dragon Fu (Manchu) and meant to get back on but life happened. Fu's done pretty well for the most part. However when I got him he had a nip on his tail that looked pretty healed. A week ago part of the end of his tail was hanging off, it kinda looked like he had bitten himself, so I took him to the vet. The vet prescribed "silvadene" cream twice a day to keep it from getting infected but today I called to make another appointment because it looks like the tip of his tail is turning black and dying still. Hopefully when we go in tomorrow the vet will know what's up. I'm just worried about my baby :(. I honestly didn't expect to fall in love with the little guy this fast haha but he's so sweet.I was just curious if it looks strange to you guys too or if I'm over-reacting.

black on his tail right now, looking at the underside, it's easier to see
86545-8924694210.jpg

top side of his tail
86545-3718354288.jpg

(now I'm just gonna show him off a bit)
86545-6779579199.jpg
86545-1604370391.jpg
86545-4282639735.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Cute little leatherback. :) He is a sweet looking baby, I see the bit of darker area on his tail but it looks like it's going to be fine. That doesn't need any extra attention at all. I will say that harness looks too bulky for him, please be careful of his tiny bones that may be too fragile for that big contraption !

His set up looks great !

SciTeacher

Original Poster
Thank you for responding so fast, and calming my nerves a little. I only put the harness on for a minute to see if it would work when he's a little bigger or if I needed to order one. I just like his pose in the picture :). The setup is all thanks to people like you on this site. I can't thank you guys enough for everything I've learned!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome, glad to help if I can. :) Of course always keep an eye out for anything that gets worse, but for now it looks well healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom