Lethargic beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
For a few weeks my beardie hasn't been eating too much, still goes to the washroom regularly, and has been just lying down in her tank floor and sleeping a lot. She doesn't bask much either?
Her diet consists of super worms, crickets, and veggies, and she is around a year old.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is her weight? I'd monitor that to make sure she isn't losing much. What do you have in place for lighting? Is your UVB light older and in need of replacement? Sometimes improper exposure can cause lethargic behavior.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her weight seems normal, and her UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0, but i've had it in place for around 7 months, and I know you're supposed to get it changed every 6 months, but I didn't think an extra month would affect her. She has also been glass surfing a lot.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Possibly.... best to get a new one now anyway. If you can take her out in the sun that will provide good uvb to perk her up if that's the problem.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Some time in natural sunlight will help perk her up after a while if lack of UVB is an issue. Try offering at least 30 min outside (if the weather allows) for the next few days and see if she feels better. It's a good sign that she isn't losing weight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are the temperatures in the tank?
How old is she, has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
If you can post some pictures of her, that would be great so we could see her physical condition.
As suggested, getting her outside in some sun can help a lot just in case her UVB bulb has lost some effectiveness. How close to her is it?

Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The basking temperature gets as high as 100, and the cool end is around 79. She is around a year old, and hasn't had any eggs. The basking lamp is around 10 inches away from her, and the Repti Sun is around 14 inches away.
Here are some pictures of Gizmo:
http://imgur.com/a/tQie8

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks good there! ☺The natural morphs are beautiful.
I would try moving the UVB closer to her so she gets a stronger exposure. The 14 inches is a bit far.
Did she eat anything today?
Overall, she appears healthy. Are you keeping track of her weight too?

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I let her outside yesterday with me for around 30 minutes, since it was really nice and hot out, and she seemed to enjoy that. She ate more today then the last few days, and i've been keeping track of her weight, and it hasn't changed, which I assume is good.
And moving the UVB seems a bit difficult. I could clip it onto the inside of the tank so it's closer, but the thing is, the back splash is made out of foam, and she really likes it and can climb it really easy. I've even seen her sleep while holding onto it at night :lol:
The problem is is that she could get too close to it and start fooling around with it/knocking it down or things like that, and clipping it onto the inside of the cage is really the only thing I could think of to get it closer to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom