How Long can Your Beardie ''Hang Out''?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was just wondering how long can your beardie stay out of their tank away from their heat source/lights? I've noticed photos and pictures of people beardies just hanging out with them, sitting on the couch, laying in bed, ect.

Just wondering because I don't want my little guy getting chilled or sick. He is just a juvenile but feisty and happy as can be! :)

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
If he feels cold or is stressed, it is time to go back. You will soon find out that he is communicating to you that he wants to go back. Mine will stare at my face.

StreetMoggy

Hatchling Member
I let the commissioner out for up to 2 hours sometimes. His favorite spot is to hang out by the sliding door. It's drafty there, so he doesn't stay as long by the door in the winter, but he spends about 30 min. there even though the temp is low.
When he gets cold he moves away. He usually heads for the carpet to warm up.
I've actually rigged a lamp up using a guitar stand, but he never goes under it. He likes to roam.

I find he actually eats better on days he's out of his tank.

mustang611

My 6 mo old likes to look out the window. The window sill is about 60 degrees in winter. I used the digital scan thermometer on her as she stared out the window. When her body temp got down to the low 70s, she would head back to her cage. It is line of site from her perch on the window sill. I have to watch her or she will try to jump from the arm of the sofa into the cage (and run smack into the glass). Do they ever learn to perceive the glass if it is transparent?

My girl heads back toward her cage when she wants to go bask.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
We sometimes set up a lamp and/or a heatpad for our beardie. He'll just sit there at the window all day if we let him.

Reefgal

Sydney hangs out with me almost all day. I have a basking light next to my chair so she can sit on me and bask at the same time. I take her for walks outside (i live in Phoenix where its warm and sunny) with the dog so she gets some unfiltered sun. I put her in the terrarium after feeding to allow her to bask and digest.

She is a fat, happy baby showing no signs of stress, so I assume she's fine.

2013_%2525201_%2525204_11_%2525200.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom