Pumpkin Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlizardGirl

Hatchling Member
We are about to carve our pumpkins for Halloween, and we are trying to find ways to save as much from the pumpkins as possible. We already use the seeds and bake them, but I was wondering if my beardie could eat the "guts" of the pumpkin. It is a squash, after all.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I dont think I'd feed the nasty stringy crap thats covered in the seeds, but you could cut up the pumpkin and feed that.
Pumpkin (raw)
1:2
1.0%
.1%
.5%
4.4%
92%
Moderate oxalates (400 ppm)

Thats the description on the feeding website, and black means occasionally. We personally eat our pumpkins and the seeds.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you can feed pumpkins,

But feed the meat, not the stringy stuff like above said :p

-Brandon

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Adding to this topic, which part is the meat? Normally when I pull gut out of the pumpkin its stringy orangey mush. We're going to puree it to heat it up, will he be okay to eat the puree (not cooked, raw). To add, isn't canned pumpkin cooked? Just a few questions lol :) thanks

SlizardGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
or is the meat when u pull out the seeds and the stringy part, the fleshy stuff before the skin, like what you eat from other squashes, you normally do not eat the stringy part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom