Humidity under my basking bulb, help!

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or problems with the BeardedDragon.org Website, please post them here. Forum Community related topics and the like are also welcome here!

Humidity under my basking bulb, help!

Postby WarpedHowl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:08 am

Hey, so I'm getting my tank set up for a beardie that I plan on getting pretty quick, and I have two digital thermometers on either end of my tank that measure humidity levels and temperatures. The temp of it is 35⁰C but the humidity levels under it sits normally between 20-25% while humid levels at the other end of my tank normally sit at about 45%. I was wondering if that's alright or if you know something that would help. I've considered misting the one side a little, but I don't want to increase the humidity levels at the other end since they're already pretty high
WarpedHowl
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Humidity under my basking bulb, help!

Postby claudiusx » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:11 am

Nope you're humidity levels are fine! It will naturally be lower on the hot side. Everything sounds good!

Is 35c the basking surface temp or the hot side temp?

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby WarpedHowl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 am

Hey Brandon, thank you for helping. And the temp was for the basking spot, although I wasn't looking at the thermometer yet, but it sits at 37.2⁰C. That alright?
WarpedHowl
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:42 am

37 is a bit low at the basking site. It is probably ok for an adult but I'd try to bump it up a couple degrees or so if you can. Babies like a range of 40 to 43.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Website Comments