Travel - back and forth

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or problems with the BeardedDragon.org Website, please post them here. Forum Community related topics and the like are also welcome here!

Travel - back and forth

Postby chljaxLedgen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 am

my parents are divorced, I live at one place during the school year and the other in the summer - while going back and forth every weekend? my question is can my (new to me) 1 1/2 year old bearded dragon go back and forth with me OR should he stay at one or the other ??

THANK YOU
chljaxLedgen
Newbie Poster

Re: Travel - back and forth

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Sure, at that age the travel shouldn't be a problem at all as long as you have a good setup for him in both spots. If you're in one place longer than the other you could have a main tank there and just set up a travel tank out of a big plastic bin or even just a hanging spot light for heat and UVB in a safe, enclosed room. I travel with my dragon regularly and it's no problem.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Re: Travel - back and forth

Postby Gormagon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 pm

chljaxLedgen wrote:my parents are divorced, I live at one place during the school year and the other in the summer - while going back and forth every weekend? my question is can my (new to me) 1 1/2 year old bearded dragon go back and forth with me OR should he stay at one or the other ??

THANK YOU

This is quite a delima!
If it were me, I would leave the dragon in the home I stayed in for the 5 days of school and, at the summer home. Moving him back and forth very weekend would be bad for his health. He would never settle from the relocation stress.
SLAVE TO A KIND BUT, DEMANDING MASTER "PEACHES"
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, Ha Ha....guess again..... Like it or not, you are now a slave, lol!
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Return to Website Comments