Allergic to Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
I think I’m developing an allergy to crickets. I have been using crickets since I’ve had my dragon and recently I fell ill and was in my room for a very long time and I slacked on cleaning the cricket tank so a lot of dead ones built up and my room reeked of them. I’ve cleaned it since then but now any time I go in my room I get extremely short of breath. When I go near them it gets much worse. At first we thought I had the corona virus because I’m immune suppressed and we didn’t realize the correlation with the crickets. Being immune suppressed, I got tested and it came back negative. So my question now is, I’d like to be able to get feeders without keeping them in my home. Is there a website that can do overnight shipping of feeders regularly that is cost friendly? I don’t want to have to use this inhaler every time I walk in my room haha.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible that you are just reacting still to particles in the air from you cleaning the bin. Do you have an air filter in your room? I'd highly suggest one especially if insects are kept in the same room.

To answer your question, lots will do that, but it won't be cheap. The price savings typically comes from buying large quantities. And anyways, most times you won't find shipping for less than 10 bucks. And overnight shipping is very expensive on top of that.

So right away, if you were wanting something like a daily or every other day delivery, you'd want to be made of gold first.

Could you keep the crickets in another part of the house, or have another family member deal with them?

-Brandon

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":ee16h5h2 said:
It's possible that you are just reacting still to particles in the air from you cleaning the bin. Do you have an air filter in your room? I'd highly suggest one especially if insects are kept in the same room.

To answer your question, lots will do that, but it won't be cheap. The price savings typically comes from buying large quantities. And anyways, most times you won't find shipping for less than 10 bucks. And overnight shipping is very expensive on top of that.

So right away, if you were wanting something like a daily or every other day delivery, you'd want to be made of gold first.

Could you keep the crickets in another part of the house, or have another family member deal with them?

-Brandon

My family wants nothing to do with my lizard or bugs and are scared of her. They won’t let me keep anything anywhere but my room. I try to only keep the crickets in small quantities when I buy them from the pet store I only buy about 50 at a time. Would switching feeders be beneficial at all? I had no problems with the crickets until I slacked on cleaning so perhaps if I switch feeders and keep up on cleaning and take precautions on not developing an allergy it would be okay? What are your thoughts on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom