Mazuri Hi cal gut loading diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdspdx

Our vet recommended Mazuri Hi cal gut loading diet. Any thoughts on this? We are currently feeding BSFL, giant mealworms, and dubias.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are many different Mazuri products. Did he recommend a specific? And for what reason?

You typically don't gutload BSFL, they are the most nutritious straight from the source assuming you are buying from a good source.

Dubias shouldn't be fed a high protein diet. Most chows are high protein.
Mealworms really don't eat chow either, oats potatoes and carrots.

-Brandon

jdspdx

Original Poster
She recommended "Mazuri Hi cal gut loading diet". I think it was to improve Cal/Phos ratio. She gave me a sample. It is a dry powder. My biggest struggle with my beardies is hydration. I don't see how this will help. Thanks for the reply.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it at all.

BSFL already have an exceptional calcium to phosphorus ratio. You don't even need to dust them.
As long as you have an adequate UV bulb, you shouldn't have any issues with calcium based off that diet.

Is this a reptile specific vet?

What are you doing currently for hydration?

-Brandon

jdspdx

Original Poster
She is an "exotic" vet. They do treat quite a few beardies. I think they are ok. I have Arcadia 12% t5 in Sunblaster about 12" from basking area in both enclosures for our male and female. For hydration I drop water on their nose and they both will sometimes drink quite a bit that way although probably not enough (i have read 2 teaspoons / day). The male, Azazel will eat vegis when I can take him outside in the garden. But not so much in his enclosure. The female, Atarka, does not eat much outside. I have experimented with dropping bugs on salad and she does get a few bites that way. Atarka likes dubias and I think they have a relatively high moisture content. They are both ~2 years old. I am trying cut back to bugs every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom