Bringing my dragon to the source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

I do not have any good bowls to feed my bearded dragon large discoids. Is there any reason why I can't just put him inside the colony bin to eat his fill? There is a lot of roach poop and cleaner crew beetles and that is the only thing im worried about. Other than that i figured out that when I give him salad I can feed whatever he does not eat to the roaches and it seems to be the best method so far of keeping them fed and gutloading them healthily while not wasting veggies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Notta":1qosl8yf said:
I do not have any good bowls to feed my bearded dragon large discoids. Is there any reason why I can't just put him inside the colony bin to eat his fill? .
I know that is (or was) a popular click-bait on social media for a while, but I have reservations.

lizalizaliza":1qosl8yf said:
Otherwise I'd say pull out your feeder insects and put them in a separate clean rubbermaid bin with you beardie and let him run around and catch them in that.
I like this alternative much better.

I understand the difficulty in finding good escape-resistant feeder bowls. I used a plastic "dipping bowl" (similar to this, but plastic) from a grocery store kitchen utensil section at first. Good size (3" dia,), slick parabolic interior, easy to view contents, easy to clean. The only downside was the weight--he could tip it very easily, allowing the feeders to scatter & hide.

Then I bought one of these. Seemed like/is a good option for some, but has some blind spots in the interior, and feeders were escaping being eaten (not escaping the bowl).

We're back to the plastic dipping bowl for now, but keep looking. Everyone has slightly different criteria for the "perfect" bowl.

Maybe I'll meet a ceramic hobbyist willing to develop a better--reasonably priced--product. :wink:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just feed him one at a time in his tank , he will learn to eat his fill when the bugs are offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom