Dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

Hello I just started a colony of Dubia roaches for my nine month old bearded dragon. I ordered 200 medium size they are about the size of a dime. Does anybody know how long it takes for them from this point to start mating and reproduce? Also how many should I be giving him a day? He was eating about 12 to 15 crickets daily. I stopped the crickets because I got sick of the disgusting smell and I was losing money I would buy them in bulk I had a cricket keeper and within days half of them would be dead. And yes my roaches are in 85 to 90° which I know they need that temp for breeding. I am completely new at this so any info would help. Thanks

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Mflav":6lfhw5at said:
Hello I just started a colony of Dubia roaches for my nine month old bearded dragon. I ordered 200 medium size they are about the size of a dime. Does anybody know how long it takes for them from this point to start mating and reproduce? Also how many should I be giving him a day? He was eating about 12 to 15 crickets daily. I stopped the crickets because I got sick of the disgusting smell and I was losing money I would buy them in bulk I had a cricket keeper and within days half of them would be dead. And yes my roaches are in 85 to 90° which I know they need that temp for breeding. I am completely new at this so any info would help. Thanks
Most folks I know of start with breeder starter colonies of adults--3 females to every male. It's going to take several months for those medium size roaches to reach maturity, and if you feed your dragon out of them, they'll be long gone within a couple weeks. Mine (5 months old) can eat 50 half-inch dubias per day plus greens, so I order 1000 at a time (lasts about a month when combined with other insect feeders).

According to most sources, dubias require 90° to 95°F to breed.

There are many many tutorials on the web and YT on raising dubias. :wink:

Mflav

Original Poster
I was told to only feed him five or six a day he should be slowing down on the protein and eating the salads. And yes my temp is 90 degrees Out of the 200 I bought there are some that are adults they are white and morphing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom