I cant feed my Beardie. I need help figure out feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daindragon

Hey everyone,
I would super apprecaite advice on how to feed my juvenile beardie. Overall i need to know if there are other options for feeders other than worms crickets and dubias.
I have a massive fear of worms and worm like things. I have no problems with other bugs but can not handle worms. Once i realized dragons eat crickets we thought everything would be great.
I had feed our beardie crickets but there was all the cleaning and smell and deaths. Not to mention the gaps between cricket death and shipments ment my dragon went without feeders for a while a few times. So i orderd dubia roaches and that was going great our baby was looking healther and happier and it was much easier to care for.
However after a recent shipment of roaches there were a bunch of little nats or phorid flies which has resulted in larve or little maggots on the bottom of the container and now i can not go into my garage where i am keeping them. And of course i cant feed one to my beardie.

I dont know what to do anymore i pride myself on taking care of my pets but i can not give my dragon the food he needs. So if i cant feed him worms and the dubias result in worms and the crickets are awful is there anything else to do? I guess i can go back to crickets but those took up all of my time and i never got to play with my beardie. Should i clean house and just try the dubias again and hope this next shipment doesnt have nats. I loved them untill they grossed me out to heck and back. Or is there something better out there.
Please help i want a healthy dragon but cant handle all the worms.
Thank you

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like dubias are your best bet. Do you have a colony going or are you just ordering shipments on a regular basis? Sometimes they have the worms from the cleaner crew on them but not regularly. If you can get a large shipment and set them aside to start a colony that might be the best way to keep the worms away. The colony will be good about eating veg scraps from the kitchen and composting a bit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom