Keeping silkworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
I have a few questions on keeping silkworms. Through suggestion I purchased a cup of silkworms for Her Royalness Miss Biggs ( my husband nicknamed her that cause she gets special treatment from everyone in the family especially by me) and she loved them. They were expensive to ship the 25 count cup. Shipping was doubled for what I paid for the actual worms! While browsing the site Coastal Silkworms I noticed I could purchase a silkworm keeper and silkworm chow. I lost about 10 silkworms because they ate all the chow they came with before Biggs could eat them all. Is it easy to keep Silkworms like it is to keep Dubai’s? And is it better to purchase the eggs and keeper or is it better to purchase the worms? I have absolutely no knowledge on Silkworms so all advice is very much appreciated and will be used.

On a side note: Everyone who truly knows me are amazed that I can actually touch and care for the bugs my girl eats due to the extreme fear I had of bugs. I still can’t hold a Dubia but I can clean their cage and scoop them into the feeding bowl all by myself! And I can hand feed her all her worms (except for Super Worms. Those I still need to use tongs for cause they look like they can eat my fingers but I am working on it) it’s amazing what fears love can overcome!

Sorry for the long post.

Well, the thread I showed provided source links to where it got its information for each worm. The very first one I clicked in the silkworms area had pages dedicated to caring/breeding/feeding—easy peezy.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BeerdedBiped":1j1ota4n said:
Well, the thread I showed provided source links to where it got its information for each worm. The very first one I clicked in the silkworms area had pages dedicated to caring/breeding/feeding—easy peezy.

Ok thank you. I didn’t open that link. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom