Dubia Deli Experience so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard great things about dubiadeli.com so I am surprised by my experience so far. Does anyone order from them regularly? How do I get them to contact me?

So here's the story. In a previous post I asked how many of which sizes I should order from them to be able to feed and establish a colony. I tried calling and emailing them but got no response. That didnt phase me too much because I have heard such great things about them.

About a week and a half later I placed an order, which was over $100. I ordered 1lb of 1"-1.5" with adults, 500 (I forget the weight) 3/4", 1g of buffalo beetles, and 3 smaller size samples to see just how small they are.

Shipping was pretty fast. They don't guarantee live even if held at the post office in warm weather so I had them delivered to the house. I'm here all day.

Now having said that I assumed the usps would use some common sense. The little cup that they packed the beetles in busted, of course. The usps decided in their infinite wisdom to wrap the whole box in a garbage bag.

Fortunately most of the roaches were alive but it's more doa than I have ever experienced ordering online. I suspect I lost a lot of beetles. They also didn't ship the 500 3/4" roaches.

The roaches were shipped in burlap bags. Which is fine until it came to the samples. They were all thrown in the same bag, not much help.

So I have tried calling and messaging through the site but I am afraid they aren't going to call.
Any suggestions?

In defense of the post office, its the shippers responsibility to provide adequate shipping containers/materials. USPS did you a solid by providing a trash bag paid for by the general public.

The transaction I had w Dubideli was good, but when I attempted a second purchase I inquired about their advertised price matching and they never bothered to respond. I stopped doing business through them at that time.

I am curious to see the end result of your transaction and how they handle the situation.

THREEDRAGONSTEMPLE

Original Poster
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this post. They ended up sending me the roaches that they left out the first time and more beetles. He said he was going to throw in a few extra but I'm not sure if he did or not.
But they apologized and sent it pretty fast. Hopefully my colony will take off and I will not have to order from anyone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom