Feeding Dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get some roaches for my beardie pretty soon and I was wondering about them. When you feed them to your bearded dragon, do you have to dust them with vitamins or calcium at all? I thought maybe you didn't because they had more nutrients than crickets, but I'm not sure. How many would you normally feed a juvenile daily? Half the amount of crickets? My bearded dragon is 11 inches long.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You dust them in a light even coat of calcium supplement just as you would with crickets. I use the same method as with crickets and offer all they want in a 10 min (ish) window at each meal. The actual number may vary (and be different than crickets) but I still offer the bugs based on interest level and let them dictate to an extent. Since your dragon is still fairly small I'd stick with small-medium sized roaches. As long as they can be chewed up easily though it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom