Earthworms as feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I actually happen to have a vermicompost farm. I feed my cute little earth worms veggie scraps and their bedding is newpaper, cardboard, and dead leaves. I raise them so i can use their poop as fertilizer.
I've had my worms for over a year and they they are in great shape! :) i have raised multiple generations of wormies over the course of this time. I only feed them nutritious organic leftover produce or produce that is a bit too ripe.
I was wondering if I could feed some of my worms to my juvenile beardie sometimes in place of her dubia roaches.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as they aren't eating anything harmful they shouldn't pose a health risk. You can try offering some but from what I've heard, they aren't the most popular option. If she likes them, they should provide a fairly nutritious treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom