Ranking of all feeders by ease of care....

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmander16

Juvie Member
Can we creating a list of all major feeder bugs by ease of care? Perhaps there are two types of care: #1 How easy to just keep alive, and #2 how easy to breed. If you want to rate them we could do 1 = easy 5 = most difficult.

I'll start it off with a basic listing, but I have little experience with these things so I won't be able to rank them well.

This is a listing in no particular order, just to get things started:
Dubia roaches
Crickets
Superworms
Silkworms
Hornworms
Waxworms
Butterworms
Black Soldier Fly Larva

Mysty

Juvie Member
Morio/superworms. 1.
Requires a plastic tub with pinprick holes. Oat substrate change bi-weekly and leftover veg change daily.

Dubia roaches 2.
Requires a deep, dark, smooth sided plastic tub with well ventilated lid or no lid. Keep tub on top of vib or provide a heat source. Mixed cardboard or egg carton substrate. Ensure there are dark places. Spray the sides daily for humidity. Change fresh veg and oats/cereal daily. Clean out bi-weekly.

Locusts. 3.
Requires a plastic tub with breathing holes. Use egg cartons for hiding places. Replace greens daily. Clean out every two days.Keep humidity low and keep warm. Have very mixed success with die off rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom