waxworms question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smackey2

Hatchling Member
So, I bought 250 waxworms a while back before I ever learned that they were bad for Spike... hence the fact that I still have them. Any who, my youngest accidentally knocked over the container that they are in and the lid popped off and out popped 3 moths! Needless to say it scared the crap out of me because it never dawned on me that waxworms were just larvae. I scooped them back up and they are back in the container with the worms.

Are the moths ok to give her to eat? She seemed quite interested in them when she noticed them, but I wanted to make sure first in case they weren't. If they are ok to give her, is it a rare thing just like the worms themselves?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Ooo good question. I've never done too much with waxworms, and when I did, they were eaten so fast! I only ordered about 50, however.

From the little poking around I've done, it appears wax moths are fine for dragons

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I'd probably offer them. They sound like a nice treat. I routinely offer black soldier flies that have hatched as a treat. Same kind of situation. I haven't heard of the moths being harmful to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom