Dubai roach colony humidity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I started a colony about a week and a half ago. The temperatures are perfectly fine. But I can't get the humidity up. The highest I have gotten it is about 35%. I have a big bowl of water with screen on top of it to make sure no roaches get in it. The bowl covers from a corner of the bin 2 the center area. And I'm using an ceramic heat emitter for the heat. The bulb is placed directly in the center of the bin. The cover of the bin they are in is a radiator screen attached to the lid. So it has plenty of ventilation. I need ways to bring the humidity up. I don't see how it's possible that the humidity could be averaged around 28% with all the water that is in the bin. Does anyone know how I should handle this situation?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
What are you using to measure the humidity and have you calibrated the gauge?
What is the humidity in the room like?

Justinbarich

Original Poster
I'm using an old acurite thermometer/hygrometer that I used to use for one of my dragons. It's always been accurate for my dragons tank. Are u even able 2 calibrate it? I have no idea how. The humidity in the room is around 30-35 usually.
My dragons tanks have the zilla thermometer/hygrometer w probes. Does it calibrate? If so. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom