Best way to heat Dubias???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandeis

I am having a little trouble heating my Dubia colony. For heat I'm currently using the Zoo Med 8WATT but it brings the temp up by 5 degrees Fahrenheit. I even put the heat mat inside of the bin but it's still not bringing the temp up. What should I use to heat my Dubias? THX

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used to have a heat mat and it heated up the frass at the bottom and they'd just bury down into it. I've since replaced that (fire hazard concern due to age) with a ceramic heat emitter that sits above my tank. I only use it during the winter and keep them at room temp during the summer. There are heat bands available that go around the sides of the bin but I haven't tried those.

Ceramic heat emitter is the way to go.
Just play around checking the humidity and temperature in between moving the bulb higher or closer from the bin. Too close and you get a higher temp but the humidity goes down real quick.
You have to find the sweet spot.
After a couple days I finally keep a 90° temp and 75% humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom