WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FEEDERS FOR YOUR PETS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
Hi we were just wondering what are your favorite feeders to feed your pets. We like to hear our customers views on they're favorite insects to help us decide which new feeder we should offer next :blob5:. Thanks, Linda from lindasgonebuggie.com

Gail

BD.org Addict
I always preferred roaches but have a hard time finding a type I really like. Lobsters were my favorite but I hate that they can climb, red runners never did reproduce well for me. Dubia and discoid are too big and I have a terrible allergy to them. Is there any other smaller none flying/non climbing species?
I also really liked silkies but I had too many issues with them dying off a few years back from whatever virus was killing them. Since then I've had a really bad hatch rate.
Supers are the main staple I feed now due to ease in keeping and price but I would really like a different option.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Crickets and silkworms as staples and sometimes superworms and mealworms for my adult beardies.
crickets and silkworms as staples and sometimes mealworm pupae and beetles for hatchling and juvenile beardies.
crickets and silkworms and garden snails (who have been purged and gutloaded) as staples for my bluetongue skinks , mealworms and superworms sometimes.
crickets and silkworms and mealworms for water skinks.

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We love the horn worms the best I think black soldier fly and silk worms are the best as those are a good staple food and full of nutrients , super worms and meal worms are good in moderation because of the hard shell the butter worms and wax worms for the fat, crickets I think are our least favorite but they are a quick and cheap feeder when you can't get the other feeders.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Darwin loves your silk worms and BSFL. He also gets dubia roaches from his colony a couple of times per week. I have a colony of your superworms too and they're doing very well. He only gets them as a treat though.

If you're looking to get into a new offering, since you're in Florida it might make sense to start some batches of Florida friendly roaches. We get a lot of questions on here from folks in Florida looking for alternatives to dubias but they are hard to find and expensive.

lindasgonebuggie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks we are considering that. Thanks for the suggestion :D . We have wax worms, super worms, meal worms and black soldier fly now that we are breeding, but we are looking for more feeders to breed. ;) Thanks, Linda.

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
My beardies LOVE smaller dubia roaches, and my adult can eat some of the larger ones. Because of an issue with my last order or roaches, I had to switch back to superworms for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom