Allergic to cockroaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

maladicta

It's been a few years since I've been allergy tested, but when I was I had an allergy to cockroaches. Now I know that they're one of the best feeders for your beardie. But with my allergy I was wondering what affordable alternatives are out there. I'd like to be able to breed my own feeders, so any advice on safely keeping dubias or an alternative feeder insect would be awesome.

gohiking

Hi I'm allergic to roaches also, however, my dragons love them so I made some modifications for my allergies.

I wear plastic safety goggles, and a hepa/chemical mask when I work with them and keep them all confined to an insect room. Haven't purchased bugs in years for my 6 dragons. I also breed superworms and soldier fly larvae.

Hope this helps someone. I didn't have allergies the 1st couple of years ,but seemed to develop them the more I worked with insects!

Gail

BD.org Addict
I developed allergies to roached over the years. At first I just had to wear a respirator but after awhile, that wasn't even enough. I finally had to give them up after a attack so bad I almost had to go to the hospital.
Dubia and discoids were the worse, lobsters weren't so bad but they escape easy which is too bad as dragons seem to like lobsters better and they breed faster.
I have to stick with supers now and occasionally silkworms. Might have to look into breeding soldier flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom