Will soldier fly larvae survive a 2-3 day transit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berrse

I was looking at ordering soldier fly worms from Flukers because they're really cheap right now, but I'm worried about them surviving the shipping time. Will priority mail be ok or should I cough up the $18 for overnight shipping? My area usually has temps in the 75-80 degree range lately. Thoughts?

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I have ordered from venders all over the country and have never really had any issues. some have taken about 5 days to arrive but i still did not notice many dead ones.
It's completely up to you, I personally would not spend a large extra amount to have them come a day or two quicker. Just make sure they aren't left outside all day and that they are either held at the post office, or someone is home to bring them inside when they arrive and you should be good.

Berrse

Original Poster
MsCarter":1y2ph8sa said:
I have ordered from venders all over the country and have never really had any issues. some have taken about 5 days to arrive but i still did not notice many dead ones.
It's completely up to you, I personally would not spend a large extra amount to have them come a day or two quicker. Just make sure they aren't left outside all day and that they are either held at the post office, or someone is home to bring them inside when they arrive and you should be good.

Cool, thank you! I'll have them held at the post office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom