Dubias??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
At the moment, I feed phoenix worms to my 4 month old beardie but he is a worm vacuum! He eats around 25-30 worms 2 times a day and it is getting expensive... I have ordered dubias before but they were terrifying but now so is my wallet after ordering worms constantly lol I've heard they are great feeders as well. So my question is, where should I get them from? The place I buy my worms from sells the dubias for more expensive than the worms!

Lazarus16

Adriana0918":2uuxpa1y said:
At the moment, I feed phoenix worms to my 4 month old beardie but he is a worm vacuum! He eats around 25-30 worms 2 times a day and it is getting expensive... I have ordered dubias before but they were terrifying but now so is my wallet after ordering worms constantly lol I've heard they are great feeders as well. So my question is, where should I get them from? The place I buy my worms from sells the dubias for more expensive than the worms!
So we are breading dubias which is super easy. We also were doing phoenix worms which we bought from Phoenixworms.com we started following them and also breeding. We would start off with a thousand and they come into 500 count containers. We would take one of the 500 count and we would line up with whole wheat bread on the bottom and fruits and vegetables that had been Blended but not like smoothie Style. Do another layer and then another layer throw the worms in and then they would be Got Loaded it would grow pretty fast and they would be stuck full of all the good vitamins and nutrients from vegetables and fruits. Then when they would turn will put them into a separate container that had steel cut oats in it and they would hatch into black soldier flies. Throw in some fruit and they would breed and lay eggs then you just have to take the eggs after they've hatched out and put them into another container gut load them so that they grow. It is a fast way to maintain the worms and not have to buy them constantly. I don't know if you get your worms from Phoenix Worms.com and Dubiadeli is a great place to order dubias from. Prices are very reasonable and they come in a great packaging I guess you could call it. If you choose to breed they do sell adults. You are going to want to have more females than males if you decide to breed. And oranges are wonderful for them and it does help stimulate the breeding process. They do well with heat moisture having a cool side where their food and water is kept. The deli also carries roach Chow and water crystals which are needed and they're not that expensive either. Hope this helps you out.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
The cheapest places online I have personally found are some venders on eBay and Amazon. A few places on Amazon sell 500dubias for a little over 20bucks and you can get 1000 for a little over 40, free 2-3 day shipping to. Just search around and do a little research. Ive ordered from a company on Amazon in Kansas called "Dubia roaches" (very creative name I know lol) but I'm all the way in VA and received my order in 2 days flat. Hope this helps

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
I placed my third order this morning since the first of April for Dubai. I get them from Amazon & I always get the ones sold by ABDragons. I ordered 200 large for $30, with free shipping. These will last my 21 month old 17", 400 gram female beardie close 2 months.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
If you are going to breed, which most will highly recommend, make sure you get a good mix of sizes and try to never feed off the adults. good and easy breed to breed, haha, but yeah, get in bulk and you'll be set for life if you keep em going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom