I need help building an enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello! My Beardie Arthur is in need of a new tank upgrade. my husband and I want to build it, but we don’t know what type of wood we should use/measurements. My husband is very handy but has never built a encloser. I would appreciate any help I can get.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can get pretty creative with it, especially if he's good at building. Generally speaking, you want something that is at least 4'x2'x2'. Go with something larger if you have the space for it. I would use plywood for the sides and seal it with polyurethane (let it set completely before use). I like having vents low on the cool side and high on the warm side. You can put in back vents too if you want. You can use front sliding doors or a drop down door with a lock on the top (or some other variation - but I do highly recommend building a front opening enclosure). Glass tends to be less susceptible to scratching and haze over time. You can browse DIY and Enclosures sections for some creative ideas. Folks have put together some really great custom builds over the years. I'd also check out Taterbug's guide for lighting which helps with placement and gradients for a larger enclosure. https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/photogradient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom