Building Habitat Decor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriHope03

Hello all!
So I've decided that I want to be crafty tomorrow. I'm wanting to build stuff for my beardie, Drogo, on a fairly low budget. I was thinking maybe I could use popsicle sticks and silicone glue (only put in after its fully dry). But I am open to other suggestions! In fact, I need suggestions and tips!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are you looking to build in terms of functionality? Some folks have used popsicle sticks to build ramps and platforms. Just be sure it's very stable and not too steep. There are a lot of good projects posted in this DIY section and also in the enclosures section that may give you some ideas so I'd browse through those for a bit.

BriHope03

Original Poster
I'm looking to build ramps and some platforms. I can check out the enclosures board. I have looked on here and it's mostly the foam and grout idea, which is awesome but I can't afford it right now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should be doable with minimal materials. Look into building truss structures to ensure they are nice and stable.

BriHope03

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1ckgcvy7 said:
That should be doable with minimal materials. Look into building truss structures to ensure they are nice and stable.

Thank you! I will look into that. I am also sealing it with mod podge so that should make it stronger too. Also water proof in case he decides to poop or pee on it. Although he tends to do that in his food dish :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom