PVC or ABS pipe in an enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budzoboy

Hi All...I am attempting to design a basking platform for my exo-terra 36 x 18 x 36 tank.
the screen top is trashed, so I made some wood slats or beams to go across the top to support the sunblaster fixture and the basking lamp.
I have been looking at using ABS or PVC pipe for supports for the platform...Anyone ever use this material in a beardie tank?

any input would be appreciated

Joe

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would imagine you could use either one for this purpose. I'd go with whichever one is cheaper. You could also just use some flat/wide branches or driftwood from outside or perhaps a nice flat stone for a basking site too.

budzoboy

Original Poster
Morning!
thanks for the input, PVC does give off fumes, but the temp has to be close to near melt for that effect.
I have decided to go another route, and this is my first layout attempt. I built an elevated platform for feeding, using tile, and the rest, after MUCH discussion with a friend who has been breeding for over 20 years and some of his friends, decided to go with washed play sand, to fill the other end of the tank. I have some driftwood climbs (which may change) a hammock, which all my other dragons loved, a 24" sun blaster fixture that will have a T5 reptisun 10.0 and his basking light.
the lid was trashed on this tank, so I just used some wood strips to hang the fixtures, but will probably put a vented top on it to keep in the heat. this is the plan so far!
a few pics attached to show my ideas.
97446-6123891799.jpg
97446-457770098.jpg
Joe
97446-9082874469.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom