4x2x2 viv build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spunky

Original Poster
Pretty sure I'm drawn to animals that are rough on plants. My fav type of fish (cichlids) are suppose to be as well, but I managed to have a planted tank. In this case though, I don't really feel like keeping up with it and plan on fake plastic plants. Whatever can be washed and stand up to a steam cleaner. :) I did briefly think about snake plants in the back right since I don't think she will ever get back there, but I'm not sure about humidity so i'm not worrying about that until after the viv is all set up and lived in for quite awhile.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that a 22'' T5 is sufficient in most cases. It provides a wide enough beam to bask evenly while also allowing a nice gradient with lower to no UVB in areas of the tank. I'd put the UVB right over the basking area so the most intense UVB is combined with the warmest temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom