Ideas for DIY feeding "arena"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the longest time now, I have been having my baby feed out of a tupperware container that I put in her cage during feeding time. She loves dubias most of the time, so that is what I will usually put in there. The tupperware is tall enough and smooth enough that the roaches can't get out, but my beardie has to jump in from above to get to it, and then jump a good body length to get out. She is very capable of doing this and it is no struggle at all for her, but I was thinking about any way that I could have some sort of small feeding place in her cage that is there 24/7, but I only put the bugs in at feeding time. I want something that she can climb into easily, and also climb out of. I want her to be able to climb out of it without the bugs being able to do so as well.

Let's sum up what I am looking for:
A small structure that my bearded dragon can climb into, and climb out of without the bugs being able to climb out of as well.

For now, looks are not too important as I am currently looking for effectiveness.

Keep in mind that I would feed her in a separate cage but she refuses to eat anywhere that isn't inside her terrarium.

If you have any ideas or sketches of designs for something like this, please let me know. My tank is not large, it is 30x12x12 which is alright for now since my bearded dragon is only 6.5 inches, but I am just telling you this for design purposes.

Here is a picture of her terrarium with the tupperware that she currently eats bugs from:
9AZBGQH.jpg

ancapper

If you can figure a way to attatch either a strip of reptile hammock or burlap maybe to his log and drape it into the container where he can grab off a glass dance move onto it but the critters can't reach. If you dont like the container maybe a small wooden box with the same ideals

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
I bought a ceramic dish at a dollar store, it is just large enough for the dubias not to escape on their own but my Beardie does step into it and the dubias crawl on her and a few get out. Not a huge deal I usually empty my tank for feeding time and if I did a couple of dubias left in the tank won't hurt my beardie because they don't bite like crickets. The ceramic dish is great since it is heave enough my 16 1/2 in Beardie can't tip it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom