Dealing with pinworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirandor

Hey y'all! Just found out today that Mohinder has pinworms :( I knew something was wrong, so it isn't a shocker, still a bummer to know for sure though. I'm excited to get him all healthy though, I'm sure he isn't feeling too great currently.

My question is is how should I give him the medication? The vet gave me two different kinds at his check-up about two weeks ago, one that's once a week, one that's once every two weeks. I gave him the once a week one last Thursday, and I just put it over his worms and salad and he got it all, but that was less medication than what I'll have to give him tomorrow. I squashed up some cooked acorn squash and I was thinking about just mixing it in and giving it to him, but I'm afraid he won't like it and the medicine will be wasted (one type is pre-measured so if it's gone it's gone). The vet showed me how they did it, which involved some serious manhandling and I just can't do that to him, it makes me too nervous :oops:

What have y'all done to successfully give medication? Preferably a way that doesn't involve prying his mouth open with a tongue depressor

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There are not too many ways to get meds into them. Will he lick anything off of the end of the syringe without prying his mouth open?
Putting it over the worms was effective, did he eat them all? You could try that again if you think he would get enough of it. That is the least invasive way to do it.
You could mix it with food but if he doesn't like it then he wont get much or any of it though.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom