Help! Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so my Beardie "Brodie" seems to have some sort of mild yellow/brown spot on his stomach right under his arm. When I first got him it was a small light brown circular spot but now it looks like this. What could it be? Also just keep in mind he has started his shed two days ago! Thanks guys!!
image_zpsd6b2b1f9.jpg

image_zps77ea447f.jpg

image_zps7a488934.jpg

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry I can't help you on what it is, but if by chance you think it could be best bet is take your baby to the vet. I am waiting on tests results on my girl right now. I should have them back today, She had some yellow on her beard and toe and her head has been really dark, so not sure. The vet thinks maybe retained shed, she does have a hard time shedding on her head and beard. I am crossing my fingers for you its not, just like I am hoping my girl doesn't have it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I couldn't see the spot very barely at all. Might just be a piece of skin shed, but if you're worried it won't hurt to put ant fungal cream like Lamisil or Monistat on the spot.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I found out my girl does have yellow fungus, so will see what the treatment will be this weekend when I take her in for blood work.

BeardiePie

Original Poster
Bwalter":268z0huv said:
I found out my girl does have yellow fungus, so will see what the treatment will be this weekend when I take her in for blood work.

Wow that's horrible! Hope she gets better!! Lemme know what treatment you get prescribed!

BeardiePie

Original Poster
Esther19":3toa3jh7 said:
Is it the patch on her chest that you're worried about? Can you get a better picture?

Sorry if these aren't any better, but it's so hard to get pics when it keeps moving. Also keep in mind it's shedding on legs head and idk but maybe this is shed as well?

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I would go in and have it checked out. My girl was on meds for 3 weeks, fighting with her to get the meds in her, she quit eating and losing weight. She came down with another RI,which antibiotics makes the fungus worse, took her off all the meds and doing natural things for her. She still isn't eating much, hoping by next week she is back to normal.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My Titan, who's a year old & 550g, has YF and it's horrible, It has spread all along his back, over his head, around his eyes, and under his arms and on his belly. The only way to determine if it is YF is a biopsy, which can be expensive. There are other funguses they can get, so you can also cover the spots with an anti-fungus cream. So this is what I do for Titan, as I have 5 other beardies. He's in my bedroom so he's quarantined away from the others. I use disposable gloves to handle him, as I don't want to touch him, then the others & possibly spread it. I did have a biopsy done and that's how we figured it out. Caught it in 2 weeks as the first month my vet thought it was bacterial & he had shots & creams, but it spread. He's on an anti-fungal med called Itraconazole and the cream is called clotrimazole 1%. I also "paint" him with Betadine & water 1:1 before I put the cream on. I give the med every day but put the Betadine & cream on every 2 days. To help his immune system, I'm giving him echanacea (with no alcohol) liquid 3 drops, 1 tsp bee pollen granules that I melt in hot water, then add a bit of cool water and feed by syringe, serrepeptase for pain & inflammation (as he flinches when he's touched, so I know it hurts) and acidophilus for his tummy to make sure he keeps eating. If he doesn't eat his greens I give him Carnivore Care mixed in with butternut squash babyfood. He gets his regular calcium & vit/min, too. It's worth all the work to cure this dreadful disease.

I've talked to a few people on the Facebook rescue forums I belong to, and I keep being told it's not cureable and can be fatal. So I'm ignoring that as I just want him better & don't want to thin that he'll have this forever.

If there's anyone else on this site who's fought Yellow Fungus and won, please let us all know.
I'm so hoping it's not Yellow Fungus for your little one, but a vet visit is mandatory to figure it out.
Good luck & take care
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom