Possibly Coccidia (Help With Diagnosis Please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Moose was recently treated for pinworms, vet said his fecal came out clear of everything a week or two ago. I noticed his poo lost its nasty funk, but it came back... went away again (weird right?) and now it's been real bad these last two days. I bought one of those cheap microscopes from cheryl's website and gave it a look. I didn't see pinworms, but I see clumps of what appear to be extremely tiny dots... Now this thing doesn't focus too well, so I can't be positive, but I think it's coccidia. I'm sure some of you have experience with this microscope so maybe you can help. Is this how coccidia would appear to look on this microscope? All I can see are big clumps of super tiny dots which I can hardly make out... Thanks in advance,

i-r6cx5hF-X2.jpg

i-s67x6KT-X2.jpg

i-4hTdKKR-X2.jpg

i-gTHW5Xq-X2.jpg

DJDragons

At 100x, you should be able to make them out quite easily.

We use a digital Celestron and here's a fecal image with Coccidia taken from our microscope at 100x.

This isn't a heavy count, but does a good job of showing what you can expect. From the current images you've posted. I can only make out fecal matter.

461203_289997741071105_36388215_o.jpg

Hope this helps!

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks David, that does help a lot (I'm saving that image for future reference). My microscope was set to 100x so I think it's safe to say he's clean. I ended up sending these pictures to Cheryl and she also said it didn't look like coccidia... I really had no idea what it would look like. I was going off the diagnosis pictures from her website with a clue that read, "on your microscope, coccidia will appear half this size".

I guess I just wasn't ready to trust that vet :lol: Thanks again!
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom