Bearded Dragon with Yellow Fungus. Heres our story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I have a female bearded dragon named Ollie, who is also my first bearded dragon. She is the sweetest little brat, aha. She is 1 year and 5 months. The first night I brought her home she had 40 crickets! Ever since that first night she has been healthy,strong, & happy. She never ever has stress marks except when she is outside. She is a great eater. She feeds on crickets, kale, collard greens, phoneix worms, and every once in awhile I'll give her honey nut cheerios. She doesnt like fruit very much. She is just about 20 inches now, and she weighs 46 grams at the last vet vist, and I know she is chunky. So ever since I got her her right foot always as had a different coloration then the rest of her. She was diagnosed with Yellow Fungus at about 4-6 months old. The first vet gave us iodine that we put in her bath, and that did nothing! The second vet was amazing! They gave us Silver Sulfadiazine cream that I rub it in on her foot twice a day, he also gave us liguid medicine which I dont remeber the name of but I gave it to her orally for a week then she would go without it for 21 days then repeat the cycle. She lost almost all of her toe nails except one on that foot. Her foot is getting a lot better! But, now the fungus has spreed to her right hand and right knee. I'm really worried that this is going to eat her alive. I just want to know more info on this disasese. Should I let it go and take its course? Or should I keep trying? Please help.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
how did they diagnose her? if its just showing up on her feet it might not be yellow fungus.
You should try putting Lamisil on it

GialovesOllie

Original Poster
Well, actually before her first vet visit I posted pictures on here of her foot. Everyone said Yellow Fungus. So I told her vet about it and they said it is Y.F.I hope it hasnt got to her inside yet

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Thats odd because from what i know about yellow fungus is that it starts on the inside.
Either way keep treating her Yellow fungus can be deadly

RockHound

Hatchling Member
Unfortunately, yellow fungus is a nasty thing to contend with. Have you seen little Yoshi's story?
There's another member that continues the fight against it.

Yellow fungus is very opportunistic. It will advance slowly in a healthy dragon, but it becomes systemic and eventually compromises the dragon's immune system. Things go downhill from there. I'd try to stay aggressive with topical treatments and give her supplements to help keep her health up and boost her immune system. I'm sure beardeddragon.co has some good ones, but I'll let someone else recommend specifics. Bee pollen is a good one.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Do you have any pics to post of the sores your dragon has??? My dragon, Dino, has just had a test that confirmed she has got yellow fungus. I got the results TODAY. It's very costly to have the tests done. If you click the link on my signature below, you will go to my photobucket album...lots of pics. Last pages are most recent sores and how she looks. It's been spreading rapidly over the last month or so and is systemic. She has also lost toenails, I saw that you posted about that with your dragon. If it's systemic, topically treating it will do nothing to get rid of it, she will just keep busting out with new sores in different places. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom