About to lose it with this dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chair76

Hatchling Member
is this poop looking ok?
img0441.jpg

kronicdraggons

The urates look good so you know shes getting he calcium and vitamins. But poops still looks a lil runny. Does poop stink like rancid to were u wanna throw up? What was her diet before that, sometime when i feed a lot of worms its kinda runny but still has poop firmness and shape. I went to vet and got a fecile sample and it came back positive for coccidia. I got her the 13th of this month and she was 28 grams in bad husbandry from prior breeder. We had put here on albon for 2 days and i killed her appetite and vigor. Took her off after speaking with josh dovenbarger with Phantom dragons and he said dont use that stuff. After i stopped it I just made sure she was hydrated by giving her half pedialyte and half water baths for 2 -3 days. got her some horn worms, pheonix worms,silk worms, wax worms and repti worms which some say have coccidia healing properties, also after albon i gave her non dairy soy yogurt to add some good gut flora for her.
I have had her for 11 days now and she is 50.7 grams and eats like a ravenous piggy, happy mood and over all spunkyness back to normal how a drogon should be at 4 months. i love this dragon to death!! Her poop doesnt smell rancid like it did and i stopped baths everyday and only do everyother day. Due to someone telling me to many baths can cause upper respitory illness if water goes from hot to cold to much during baths. who knows? but i'm not taking any chances. plus i dont want her dependent on her water source coming from bath rather from her veggies so weining her off em to a couple a week. or around shedding.
over all she is doing good i will go for another fecile sample in a week and if positive i got "Reptaid" NOT RepAtaid. and going to give thats stuff a whirl just be careful to correctly measure the dose right the package says drips from a hypo needle and drops from dropper two totally different things. i've read nothing but good things about it. also im switching over to breediing my own dubias so i dont have to deal with stinky crickets and pin worms that crickets carry, plus those damn things won't be roaming randomly around my house how they get loose i have no idea, they are crafty.
I belive she was jus stressed and in poor shape when i got her, a lil tlc and many hours a day of watching over her, i know all beardies have small levels of coccidia and is unevitable but stress will seriously kill a baby beardie and let coccidia get rampent.

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry I didn't reply!
Riza is great. :3 We're done giving her medicine, and the vet said that she might just have a permanent 4 count of coccidia. It doesn't seem to be bugging her any though.
And Chair76, that almost looks likes Scout's poo, but Scout's is more runny. It's always been like that though, and IDK why, but he doesn't have any parasites.
And it's all up to you, but if you're still using sand, I'd suggest to switch to tile or paper. It's easier to clean,breeds less bacteria, and no risk of impaction. (But if you feed in a seperate tank, then impaction's not really a risk. It's just dusty and dirty sand is. :3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom