acidophiliz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I've been giving my beardie acidophiliz in addition to his meds, but he doesn't take it very well. I think the reason is because it's too watery. He refuses to open his mouth, so I have to patiently drip it on his nose and let him lick it off. The acidophiliz runs down his chin before he can lick it up.

Could I mix it with baby food or something to make it a bit less watery? He takes his albon without a problem because it's a bit thicker, so it kind of just sits on the tip of his nose until he licks it off.

I know mixing it with something would dilute it, but I think he would take it more readily if it was a bit more "solid" so in the end he would probably end up getting more that way rather than less.

Opinions?

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Bump....?

Anyone?

I heard crickets chirping, but I thought those were just the ones in my apartment... Apparently there's some crickets chirping in the silence of the forums, too......?

Screamin99

Juvie Member
I would open Lazlo's mouth up a bit and then get the dropper into his mouth and he would take it. Yes he fights, but it was for his own good. Thats the only way I could ensure he would take his meds because frankly he wouldn't take them any other way haha.

gogga

Juvie Member
Well IDK if this reply is too late. But I got a insulin syringe with needle and injected a cricket with the meds (Guess you can inject anything they eat) and gave the cricket to eat. She was taking meds without even knowing it

gogga

Juvie Member
Well IDK if this reply is too late. But I got a insulin syringe with needle and injected a cricket with the meds (Guess you can inject anything they eat) and gave the cricket to eat. She was taking meds without even knowing it

gogga

Juvie Member

gogga

Juvie Member

discojan

Juvie Member
This is kinda late response, but if you gently wedge the dropper in the side of their mouth (this is how the vet showed us how to administer meds), until they can taste it, they will sometimes open wide and willingly lick. Our girls seemed to like the taste of the reptile acidophiliz.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Heh, thanks. Luckily he doesn't have to take any more medicine but occasionally I give him some acidophiliz just 'cause it's good for him. He's gotten better about taking it from the dropper.

discojan

Juvie Member
Aw, glad he got better about taking it. Our big girl loves it, our little one, sassy thing that she is will sometimes lick away and sometimes shake her head "no, no, no..." Hope your dragon is feeling lots better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom