weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Okay, so my BD is 6.5 inches from the beginning of his tail(whatever the term is) to his nose. He is around two years old, I don't know exactly because I got him from petco, this is before I knew about their problems, but I was lucky to get a healthy baby beardie. I just would like to know about how much he should weigh. I am a first time owner so I am trying to learn as much as I can to keep my George healthy. You can't be to careful with these guys!
Also, out of curiosity, around how many crickets should an adolesent be eating a day?

merc

Hatchling Member
hi
If you measured him from tip to tip and he is only 6.5 inches long i seriuosly doubt that he is 2 years old.
A 6.5 inch long dragon is usually approx. 1 1/2 to 2 months old. A 2 year old dragon should be somewhere between 16 and 20 inches long or longer.
I got my dragon for Christmas 2006 at 5 inches long and an estimated age of 5 weeks old. She is now 2 years old and is 16 1/2 incnches long and weighs 500 grams (roughly 1 1/4 punds)
Anyway a 6.5 inch dragon should be around 20 grams.
Here is a growth chart to help you determine if your dragon's size and weight is on par.
Remember this is only a guide and individual dragons can be bigger or smaller without being less or more healthy.
agechart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom