what's wrong with my friend's bearded dragon?

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

what's wrong with my friend's bearded dragon?

Postby honeymoon » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:44 pm

asking this on behalf of my little sisters friend, who has a bearded dragon thats been extra lethargic and definitely sick (they dont know what it is, though, which is why im asking here for her). he hasnt eaten in around a month at this point, doesnt breathe easily (he sounds wheezy/like hes gasping sometimes), and has a yellow mold-like fungus growing around his eyes and mouth. if anyone could give us advice on what this is and how to treat it, how serious it is, etc. that'd be great. <3
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
honeymoon
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: what's wrong with my friend's bearded dragon?

Postby destiny1998 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi. Sounds like he has a RI. Definitely needs to be seen by a vet that is experienced in reptiles. Hope he gets better.
destiny1998
Extreme Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:53 pm

Flagging this to Tracie our vet tech mod
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:36 am

Hello,

Oh my, poor thing. Can you please review your friend's tank setup for us, such as the
type/brand of UVB, temperatures, supplementation & nutrition, so we can try to pinpoint
husbandry issues.
For now until the dragon can be seen by a vet, you can try getting some raw, unpasteurized
honey thinned out with warm water & use it on the eyes to help out with the infection. I am
not sure if there is infection involved, or a fungal issue.
It is likely too cool in the tank, or too humid which often causes fungal infection & contribute
to respiratory infections.
Can the dragon's tank be kept at around 75-80 overnight, to help boost the immune system?

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health