Bloated juvenile beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little 4 month old baby has been bloated the past few days. She has been pooping but when she does they have seemed abnormally large. She is shedding and she seems to have digestive issues each time she sheds so I've been keeping an eye on her. Today she got a little bit of pumpkin baby food and she almost immediately pooped. Her substrate is Timothy pellets and I feed her outside of her cage so I know she's not eating them. I have been massaging her tummy and making sure she is hydrated. She normally eats small dubias (a few dozen) 1-2x per day and she gets free access to collard greens and dandelion greens (she usually doesn't eat them all). She's a very good eater. I just started giving her wax worms with the dubias and I was told she could eat as many as she wants but I'm reading that's probably not the best idk if that could be causing her bloating or the shedding or what it could be.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would lay off the wax worms --- they are fatty and can cause long term liver damage -- get her some BSFL from here www.symptonbsf.com -- they are a good staple feeder add them as salad toppers in front of her - feed as many as you want do not dust them -- dubias are a great staple feeder ---
Karrie

alishajoelle

Original Poster
Okay thank you that's what I was thinking. I'll order some! I've been trying to find them locally to no avail. She got constipated last shed too have you heard of digestive issues during shedding?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No just that it might affect appetite- see what happens w/ not feeding the wax worms- the dubias and greens are good- if you think she's still having the digestive issues post again
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom