Eye Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Hi,
Lyra has hurt her eye and I'm looking for advice. I don't know what happened but it happened yesterday sometime. I think she banged it on something. It's not bleeding, it's a little bit swollen though, appears sunken in, and looks dislocated towards the back of her head. I'm going to get sterilized saline and an eye dropper. What else?
Here are some pictures:
90427-6392812459.jpg
90427-1318625934.jpg
90427-4299125210.jpg
90427-4490571744.jpg

This is her other eye which looks fine:
90427-8005685103.jpg

Thank you in advance!!!
Kelly

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Whats in her tank for her to rub her head on? Mine was rubbing his head on his rock here about 10 minutes ago -- they do that if they are gonna shed
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I've never had a dragon do this, so I'm not 100% sure if this is it, but is it possible she's bulging it out in response to a head shed? Looked from the pic that she might be shedding on top, and I have read that they sometimes will do this to help things move along near the eye.

Birdy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is not shedding, those are her normal light tan colors. There is a clear liquid in her eye almost like a tear that hasn't fallen. And she's keeping her hurt eye closed most of the time.
Kelly

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep rinsing it with saline to try and keep it clean. If it doesn't start to heal on its own soon or starts to look worse I'd have a vet look at it. Some folks have had good luck putting raw/unpasteurized honey on eye wounds to help protect and heal so that may be worth a shot or discussing with your vet as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom