PREGNANT???????

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

PREGNANT???????

Postby flowerfarming » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 am

This morning I woke up to my beardie scraping her nails against the inside of the cave for at least an hour, shes around 6 months old and I usually does this around night time to "get comfortable" but this was prolonged and lasted a long time, her lights have a timer and were on for two hours at this point, when I got out of bed I went to scoop her out so she could bask and she tried to bite me and hissed at me very loud, this is very unlike leo. His cave has a "Loose" substrate meant for laying eggs just in case, but I just was wondering if anything else is wrong? Also she's shedding so that might make her have an attitude too.
flowerfarming
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: PREGNANT???????

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:51 am

The only thing that is coming to mind for this behavior is lighting ----- 6 months of age seems pretty young to be w/ eggs----- what kind of UVB brand and bulb are you using in your tank? Also the temps in tank as well -- what are they are how are you taking them?
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby claudiusx » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Postby claudiusx » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi there,

It would be extremely unlikely that she would be gravid at such a young age. The chances are basically 0.

But, this is a hormonal time for them, so it could just be her new hormones making her a bit crazy. Are you 100% sure she's a female?

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health