is my beardie a healthy weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillee

so from what i’ve seen on these forums, i feel like my gerald is at a good weight, but on the other, the large, often chubby beardies i see on social media can make it rather hard to judge.
my male beardie, gerald, is about a year and a half old (i got him as a baby in May of 2018), about 18 1/2 inches long, and weighs 393 grams. he eats Dubia roaches once a day (always with salad - collard greens, butternut and yellow squash, occasionally bell pepper, carrot, zucchini), and superworms once a week. meals are dusted with calcium three times a week and with multivitamins twice a week.
he is fairly active - he has a 125 gal tank that he roams around frequently.
here are some pics - first is from when i first got him as kind of a comparison of how big he was and how much he’s grown.
104091-9327700338.jpg
104091-1929543591.jpg
104091-2073322214.jpg
104091-6285482584.jpg
104091-8661994347.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
He looks like a good weight. My dragon just got diagnosed as overweight, a little bit fat, yesterday :( . If the sides of the belly start going past the knees then that is too much.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
lillee":7pqil1qo said:
so from what i’ve seen on these forums, i feel like my gerald is at a good weight, but on the other, the large, often chubby beardies i see on social media can make it rather hard to judge.
He looks fine. Try to keep in mind that many of those chubby dragons are just that--chubby/overweight, which is not healthy. These animals are hunters, and in nature, hunters tend to be on the lean/athletic side. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom