Nose bruises :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 8-month-old beardie doesn't usually glass dance. He'll only glass dance when he wants to tell me something (usually that he wants potty, or that he went potty in the viv).

However, lately when I put him in his bath (plastic tub, hand hot water with Reptisafe conditioner) he repeatedly bumps his nose trying to get out. I didn't think it was a big deal since he's only in there a few minutes, but today I noticed the tip of his nose is all pinkish-purple and I'm concerned. :(

full

full

He is constantly in shed right now so the paleness of the scales could be attributed to him rubbing them off early, but I'm worried about his poor nose. Is there anything I can do to stop him doing that?

(Edit: I dabbed some raw honey on his nose... he winced and started to beard so I can tell it hurts him, poor baby. Just want to find a way to stop him from hating baths!)

SPandS

Juvie Member
He shouldn't be able to damage himself by rubbing his nose only for a few minutes on a smooth surface. It looks to me like it could just be getting ready to shed. It can be sensitive when getting ready to shed so him reacting to you touching it could just be that and not because it's damaged. Can I ask why you keep giving him baths if he doesn't enjoy them? Unless he has poo all over or some other reason he needs to be cleaned up I would stop since he doesn't like them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that his nose just looks like it's about to shed. I don't see signs of damage. Sometimes the skin under a shed can look discolored.

behemuffin

Original Poster
That's the thing, he used to love baths until very recently. I've been bathing him regularly just to make sure he gets hydration and can shed easily-- he won't drink from a bowl and I don't want to make his environment too humid by misting. It's also a time when I take him out in the sun (we live in Cali) and get him some REAL UV. So it's been a nice bonding time until now.

Just, suddenly now he's uncomfortable. I might try different sizes of container, to see if there's a specific problem with this one. Now that I think about it-- I did change the container recently because he was getting too big for the last one! That's probably it, to be honest...

But thank you for clearing up that it's not a bruise! That's a relief.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The mood change may be related to shedding. That can really get them crabby for a while (understandably). Look for his normal personality to return once the shed is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom