Poop looks unhealthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie left out this for me to clean up today.
101482-9108892716.jpg
Normally his poop looks like this, but his urate isn't all runny (I think it's urate mixed with poop making it brown), normally it's pretty solid, more like a chalky texture.

I think that this could either be down to heat (My room has been very hot, making his tank a bit hotter than usual) or an overdose in calcium, because I'm slowly trying to give him less calcium over time. What could be causing this? He has access to a D3 10% T8 UVB (Hoping to upgrade to a reptisun or reptiglow at some point) and has his tank at 105°F in the hot end (at least according to the thermostat, hoping to invest in a real thermometer in the near future) and I'm not sure about the cool end. He is about 9 months old and has been acting normally.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What type of thermometer do you have currently? If you dont at least have a digital with probe end I'd buy one. They are less than 10 bucks at most pet stores.

Digestion issues usually tie back to improper temps. So if you want to fix the symptom you need to fix what is causing it. Or at least find out if that's causing it.

That being said, sometimes they do just have weird poos every once in awhile. But they are good reminders for us to make sure everything is ok with their setup and health.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom