Beard dragon depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budacj

My 4 year old laid her eggs now she’s not eating (little bit here and there), won’t come out of here home seems depressed like. Is it possible for her to be depressed if so what should I do for her. And we just got back from vacation (8 days) and she laid 2 more. I’m really worried about her this was her first time laying eggs. Ty

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How many eggs did she originally lay?

The whole egg process is very taxing on dragons. Make sure her lighting and temps are good, and offer her a bit more food and calcium to help replenish her stores. If she drinks in her bath, it would be a good idea to give her a bath too!

-Brandon

Budacj

Original Poster
claudiusx":2q2sn8r6 said:
How many eggs did she originally lay?

The whole egg process is very taxing on dragons. Make sure her lighting and temps are good, and offer her a bit more food and calcium to help replenish her stores. If she drinks in her bath, it would be a good idea to give her a bath too!

-Brandon

She laid 16 in her nesting spot but a total of 24. Since she was a year old she has had the run of the house she’s able to get in and out of her enclosure. I was giving her a bath when she laid her first egg she laid five more outside her enclosure. Then after we got back from vacation she laid 2 more.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
Are you giving extra greens & calcium right now, since she has been laying eggs?
What type/brand of UVB light do you use for her?
She is probably just a bit worn out from the egg laying ordeal. Be sure she is staying
hydrated through all of this also. Try to monitor her weight, too.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Budacj

Original Poster
Drache613":2n97wud9 said:
Hello,

How is your girl doing?
Are you giving extra greens & calcium right now, since she has been laying eggs?
What type/brand of UVB light do you use for her?
She is probably just a bit worn out from the egg laying ordeal. Be sure she is staying
hydrated through all of this also. Try to monitor her weight, too.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

She came out of her nesting area this morning. I had to hand feed her last night which I did for her when she was little. I’m going to give her a bath today see if that might make her feel better she has a 10 UVB light and a 100 basking bulb. Thanks for the feedback it’s put at ease a bit. She’s getting spoiled as usual. She is a fancy dragon a sunset. Her colors are so beautiful it actually looks like a sunset. Now that she’s laid her first eggs we’re thinking about breading her maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom