Impacted? Parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grossi

So my beardie Blu, who is about 10 months old, has started getting super super bloated and not pooping for days. After about 5 days, she'll poop a huuuge amount with what looks to be like 3 urates. The only thing that had changed about her diet was I fed her a few hornworms before this started happening. Her behavior isn't much different, and she still has a big appetite. We also just hung her UVB light inside her terrarium instead of on the screen, which actually seems to be helping a little. She at least goes on her own now whereas before I had to give her a bath and massage her belly. What could this be????

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she ate some hornworms. Those are nice and hydrating so should help her poop more easily. The other component is something you've touched on and that's lighting. What are the surface temps around her tank? Which UVB light are you using and how far is it above her basking area now that it's inside the tank? She relies on enough heat and UVB availability for proper digestion so if she has that and is getting enough hydration then she should be in good shape.

grossi

Original Poster
Her basking temp is 105 and her cool area is 85. And i use reptisun 10.0 uvb T8 18 in long

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temperature gradient sounds good. How far is your T8 from her main basking area? Those are best at around 6-8'' when using a fixture with a reflector. Can you post some photos of her? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and then post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply. They are quite flexible and will sometime appear puffed out or bloated and other times appear skinny or pancake like. It may not be a problem (but I'm not ruling it out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom