Lethargic - Not Pooping - Not Basking - Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aromando

Hey Everyone,

I have had beardie issues for a bit and have been going back and forth with my exotic vet.

Basically, my beardie has been very lazy and does not bask unless I put her there. She has had constant problems with going to the bathroom (hard urate every time) and will only go in a bath. She spends most of her time hiding on the cool side of her enclosure. She barely moves around.

Basking temp: 103-107 F depending on the day.
Low End: Low 80s.
Humidity: 30-50s%. 50s% during nighttime hours, usually around 40% during the day.

She eats invertebrates (dubia roaches, superworms, crickets) like a champ but refuses her "salads". Usually offer a mix of collard/mustard greens, endives and kale with some bell peppers, squash mixed in. Feed every other day.

I provide a water bowl but per discussion with my vet, I drip water from a spray bottle on her nose twice daily since they prefer non-still water and has faced dehydration issues in the past.

Enclosure size: 5.5'x3'x3' (roughly). Shes on tile.

Any ideas?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
And where in the tank is the UVB? Is it on top of screen or inside the tank itself--- lighting plays and huge roll in their behavior and their overall health
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so that is a good one and inside the tank -- hmmm -- I would get her into the vet for a check up and fecal --- she could have parasites and they can if there is a high count cause them not to eat--- do you think she has eggs? Has she been digging?
Karrie

Aromando

Original Poster
She was gravid but now they are being reabsorbed so that should not be an issue any longer.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well I guess its time for a fecal -- can you drop a fecal off for them to test w/ out having to take her in?
Karrie

Aromando

Original Poster
Probably, just did one two weeks ago though (also ran blood and results came back perfectly healthy).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Really? Ugh! Well I am at a loss then! But mine is not eating either and I have had everything done down to Xrays--- hes doing everything else except pooping and eating-- the basking the running around active-- not losing weight -- I've been trying everything to get him to eat --- I am feeding him critical care carnivore / herbivore mix--- but reluctantly and only a few days -- but offering him his salads and bugs and he just looks at it--- :roll: -- they say they wont let them starve themselves so.......... have you weighed her to see if shes losing weight?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom