When are beardies considered “senior”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,

My dragon is around 7 years old and I’m wondering what I should be on the look out with as they age? She seems to hang out more at the bottom of her cage around her light, I’m not sure if that’s due to her aging or what, appetite is still super strong, and she still gets random bursts of energy to scratch at her class.

Her eyes do seem to be losing pigmentation, is that normal too? Her eyes were more golden orange and now I’m noticing white which idk if I’m just crazy or noticing this for the first time

Thanks in advance!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I generally tend to think of their lifespan as similar to a dog. At 7 she is starting to get older but could certainly have several more good years ahead with proper care. I'm not sure about the pigmentation in her eyes. Do they appear to be getting cloudy like a cataract? It's good that her appetite is strong. Bursts of energy are also a good sign, although she may be less energetic as she gets older. They're all quite a bit different so it's tough for me to say for sure. Unfortunately I haven't had a dragon live even as long as 7, but I've read about many who are 10 and older.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No cataracts! Pupils are nice and clear! Just around the iris. I can’t seem to figure out how to add new photos since photobucket wants to charge me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom