Hasn't gone in 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to post another impaction problem among the many on this forum, but this is starting to worry me...

I came home from school one day and noticed that my dragon hasn't pooped and was shaking a bit, but was otherwise fine. I adjusted the temperature back to a normal level, and gave him a warm bath. He drank a lot (clean water is always present) and went back to normal (generally light colored, moving around a lot, basking in his normal spot). The day after the next I went and bought some canned pumpkin and I've been feeding him diluted pumpkin and giving him baths for the past two days.
He pooped today, but it was a small one (about half the size of a normal poop) and the urate was discolored brown. I was giving him a bath and massaging his belly when I noticed a large, hard lump on the left side. By feel, it was about the size of his leg, base to knee (he is small). It didn't move when I pushed it, unlike the smaller lump that felt like a recently fed cricket.

I've had a compaction issue before, but this is really concerning. I sometimes let him walk around in my room, and he could have swallowed something under my bed before I pulled him out.

He is around 7 months old (judging by length) and has recently shedded. I've got a 2x2x4 enclosure with a reptisun 10, basking light, and sand substrate (I don't feed him in the sand, and I've never seen him eat it). He usually eats his salad in the mornings and about 10-20 crickets in the afternoon.

Sorry for the long post, I just really need to find an answer and I can't go to the vet unless it's necessary!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Start by getting rid of the sand --- it is no good --- and the tank size -- it seems very small What size gallon is it? The impaction issue could be the sand-- I would take it out put down paper towels or news paper - you can get non adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or Home Depot or Lowes -- I am hoping some one else can weigh in on this issue
Karrie

Thefriendlyghost

Original Poster
KarrieRee":20zr2mo2 said:
Start by getting rid of the sand --- it is no good --- and the tank size -- it seems very small What size gallon is it? The impaction issue could be the sand-- I would take it out put down paper towels or news paper - you can get non adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or Home Depot or Lowes -- I am hoping some one else can weigh in on this issue
Karrie

Built the enclosure myself and it is not small at all. 4' long, 2' wide, and 2' tall. I get the impression from a aquarium gallon calculator that that would be about 120 gallons.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep you are right -- you posted this I've got a 2x2x4--- the 4x2x2 is a 120 gallon-- I would suggest by getting rid of the sand first as others are going to say this same thing -- the shelf liner or even slated ceramic tile is really good -- its cheap as well and easy to clean w/ vinegar / water in a spray bottle--- the pumpkin is good that your feeding him but as for the lump I could not tell you --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom