Bearded Dragon’s Eyes Darkening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynesta

92079-6866179737.jpg
92079-2354434743.jpg
My name is Amanda and I have had over 2 years of experience with bearded dragons. I have been obsessed with reptiles since middle school and have owned 2 bearded dragons during that time. I have take great care of my reptiles (proper lighting, temps, supplements, and diet) but unfortunately my first bearded dragon passed away around the age of 2 after falling ill to what I believe was gout (All of his symptoms matched the description for gout, but my vet argued it was MBD -he did have starting signs of MBD when I took him in after my UVA/UVB stopped emitting UVB, but i would give him calcium supplements regularly, so the symptoms of beginning MBD could not have rendered him unable to move like gout does) Anyways, after the passing of my first bearded dragon I purchased another one (this time not from Petsmart, but from a breeder) and have had him for a little over 3 months. He’s very healthy and active, has proper temps, lighting, and diet. I’ve recently noticed that his eyes were getting darker and was wondering if this could mean something worse will follow, or if this is simply the color of the iris just getting darker.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dark eyes are from the trans gene. Although they usually start dark as babies, they can start normal and become black overtime.

-Brandon

Cynesta

Original Poster
claudiusx":2uovwhbu said:
Dark eyes are from the trans gene. Although they usually start dark as babies, they can start normal and become black overtime.

-Brandon

Thank you for the quick response and the info. I tend to think the worst when i see any change in my animals’ behavior or physical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom