Strange Poop, [Warning: images] need some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzardbeardie

Hey guys,
I took Blizzard to the vet recently and he has parasites and yeast, i have been giving him medicine and took it back to the vet which then verified that he now has got rid of those parasites and the yeast, she mentioned that his loose stools were cause by the yeast but today his poop was still runny (I think it is green because hes been eating a lot of leafy spring greens) and the pee had some brown stuff attached to it, what could that be?
Here is an image:
96888-3207511711.jpg

He has also been trying to hide and sleep recently, since they recently said he has no parasites is that a clear sign of brumation or in the past week could he have gotten sick again?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you remember which parasites were treated? It can take some time for their systems to recover after treatment. That looks messy but with a steady diet and a clean bill of health it should clear itself up after a few weeks I'd imagine.

Blizzardbeardie

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1wi653px said:
Do you remember which parasites were treated? It can take some time for their systems to recover after treatment. That looks messy but with a steady diet and a clean bill of health it should clear itself up after a few weeks I'd imagine.

Oh thats good to know thank you, I think it was either pinworms or coccodia

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those are pretty common. Coccidia can be tougher to eradicate because it isn't killed by bleach. Areas that have come in contact with poop need to be sanitized with an ammonia/water mix or steam to help prevent re-infection. I'd continue to clean and sanitize the best you can and hopefully the poop will be more well formed over the next several weeks. If not, I'd take another sample to the vet after a month or so and have it checked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom