Red bump on mouth/lip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Routine has been the same as always.
Reptisun t5ho 10.0 in a 75 gallon
Reg humidity is 31-35 and he sheds pretty well. Bathed weekly and gets cal with and without d3 and a multivit.
Has had mbd but I halted it when I got him on a sell and swap site. Suddenly appeared in the past 24 hrs. Spot clean and monthly deep cleans. Just had a certified herp vet check up in the beginning of september. Healthy fecal exam and physical.
Approx 2 yrs old. Paper towel substrate.

(Covering his eyes from the flash, only way to get a good photo) The only thing I found is a cricket I fed him yesterday in his tank. Did it possibly bite him and it got inflammed or something? Maybe he bit the tongs too hard?

https://imgur.com/a/U2yebXI

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly a cricket bite. Looks swollen but not infected. Hopefully it will go down on it's own soon. In the meantime I'd pick up some MaxiGuard gel and apply it a few times a day with a q-tip. That will help keep the area clean and hopefully prevent it from getting infected. If it starts to look worse and the swelling doesn't go down, I'd have a vet check it out.

Victorm010101

Original Poster
I put some watered down betadine on it after I first saw it to try and keep it clean. I will definately look for some of that gel :) thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh wow that's expensive. The betadine is a good idea but I don't like to offer that internally when possible. Do you have access to raw/unpasteurized honey? That can act as a wound treatment as long as it hasn't been pasteurized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom